Military Academy Nominations
Thank you for your interest in the U.S. Service Academies. As your 1st District Representative in the U.S. House of Representatives, each year I have the privilege of nominating a limited number of people to four of the five service academies. The honor of attending a service academy comes with an obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation.
To request a nomination from my office please complete the form below and include the following items with your application packet:
- Current Photo
- High School/College Transcripts
- ACT or SAT Assessment test results (ACT code: 7240) (SAT code: 4503)
- Resume of extracurricular activities
- An essay stating why you want to attend a military academy (500 words or less)
- Three letters of recommendation.
Please mail your completed nomination packet to my Oroville District office by October 31, 2016. Late application packets will not be accepted.
Oroville District Office Address:
2862 Olive Hwy, Ste D
Important dates to remember:
- April 1, 2016 - Begin accepting nomination applications
- October 31 - Deadline to receive nomination applications
- December 10 & 11 - Interview with my Military Academy Selection Committee
- Week of December 12 - Nomination announcements mailed out
- January - May 2017 - Appointments announced by various Military Academies
For more information, please review my page of Frequently Asked Questions for those seeking a Military Academy Nomination. Best wishes to you as you pursue your goal of attending one of the U.S. Service Academies and serving our country.