Senior Citizens' Resources
The following information is for Senior Citizens. Please contact my office for assistance with any questions or problems you may have.
Social Security and Medicare
The Social Security Administration (SSA) provides benefits and services to people of retirement age and to people with disabilities that prevent them from working. Supplemental Security Income benefits are based on financial need, and Social Security Disability benefits are determined through an eligibility process. If you are having a problem with your Social Security benefits or any other issue related to the SSA, please contact my office.
- Do you want to know if you qualify for disability and SSI? Use Social Security's Screening Tool (BEST) to check if you do.
- Do you need information on how to apply for Medicare? Go to the Medicare Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Do you have other general questions about social security services and benefits? Find an answer on the Social Security Administration's Answers to Your Questions page.
- Find your Local Social Security Office
- Social Security List of Services
- Additional Resources (including birth certificates, consumer protection, disaster preparedness, and unclaimed property)